Presbyterian Women's (PW) is an independent organization within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) of more than 300,000 women. The programming and resource options for the organization offer a variety of ways for women to live out their faith in an inclusive, caring community. Presbyterian Women (PW) offers women in the church meaningful ways to live out their faith in the midst of a caring community of women. For more than 200 years Presbyterian women’s groups have strengthened the Presbyterian Church and played a major role in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ and witnessing to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, Presbyterian Women commit ourselves...
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- to support the mission of the church worldwide,
- to work for justice and peace,
- and to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
The Orchard Park Presbyterian Women are committed to serving the Church of Jesus Christ by raising funds for mission, educating through Bible study, and promoting fellowship with a fall and spring event. All the women of the congregation are encouraged to invite other women to attend the events sponsored by the PW Coordinating Team.
The 2015-2016 Events are as follows:
- Saturday, October 3, 2015 ~ Fall Gathering PW of WNY ~
Waters of Justice
- Sunday, November 1, 2015 ~ Fall Luncheon ~ OPPC
Fall Flower Extravaganza
- Sunday, November 22, 2015 ~ Thank Offering Received
- Saturday, Feberuay 6, 2016 ~ PW WNY Winter Gathering
First Presbyterian - Tonawanda
- Sunday, April 10, 2016 ~ Spring Luncheon ~OPPC
- April 29 & 30, 2016 ~ Rummage Sale - OPPC
- Sunday, April 30, 2016 ~ PW WNY Spring Gathering
Beverly Walsh - Co-Moderator
Colleen Mitchell- Co-Moderator
Mary McKinley - Secretary
Margaret Raiff- Treasurer
Lou Long - Publicity
Alice Holmes - Album Recorder
Barb Roberts and Sue Sager - Friendship Circle
Membership Coordinator - Anne Dresser